In the same family as mint, basil takes this Basil Mojito Mocktail a step further, adding hints of clove and anise. Muddling turns this refreshing drink bright green!
- 10 large basil leaves
- 1/4 C plus 4 tsp. superfine sugar, divided.
- 1/4 C fresh lime juice
- About 2 C clod Club Soda
- Lime wedges
- Whirl 2 basil leaves and 1/4 C sugar in a food processor until well blended; transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Put 6 to 8 remaining basil leaves into a large cocktail shaker with a few ice cubes, the remaining 4 tsp sugar and lime juice.
- Muddle the mixture with a muddler until basil has broken up.
- Add a few more ice cubes, cover and shake to blend.
- Rub a lime wedge around the rim of 2 lowball glasses and dip in basil sugar.
- Add a few ice cubes to the glasses, remove the top off of the shaker and divide between the two glasses.
- Pour Club Soda into each glass and stir.
- Garnish with lime wedges