When you think of Pinot Noir, you probably think Oregon right? Well, here are 7 affordable California Pinot Noirs to try now! We LOVE Oregon Pinot Noir! Willamette Valley is still on top of our list, but we recently found through Food & Wine these wonderful and affordable California Pinot Noirs and wanted to share them with you!
- 2014 The Pinot Project California Pinot Noir ($12): The Pinot Project Pinot Noir is a beautiful deep red. Featuring black cherries with a hint of oak, a bit of spice and cedar. This medium body Pinot Noir has silky tannins with a long finish. Pair it with roast pork or grilled chicken. If you are searching for a really tasty Pinot at an affordable price, this one is for you!
- 2013 Oatley Family Wild Oats Edna Valley Pinot Noir ($15): This medium body wine has hints of strawberry and mild tannins. It’s perfect for sipping right now!
- 2014 Garnet Vineyards Monterey County Pinot Noir ($16): Blackberry and cherry notes with hints of clove and vanilla. We found it to be a bit smokey and earthy. This Pinot has an amazing aroma and a rich balance.
- 2013 La Follette North Coast Pinot Noir ($17): Fresh strawberry, vanilla, and hints of earthy mushroom. This Pinot is smooth and leads to nice red fruit flavors .
- 2014 Cameron Hughes Lot 527 Anderson Valley Pinot Noir ($18): This classic cool climate Pinot Noir is pale garnet in color with a hint of oak. Floral, cherry and a tad of black peppercorns on the nose. The cherry and raspberry fruit brings on a beautiful finish.
- 2014 Olema Sonoma County ($20): Beautiful red berry aromas, with notes of cocoa and spice. We liked the mouth feel and the lingering finish.
- 2014 Taken Wine Company Complicated Pinot Noir ($20): Raspberries and ripe red cherry is what we noticed first of this Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir. A lingering finish of fruit and acid with lightly toasted oak and just a hint of earth.
Well, we settled on the 2014 Olema Sonoma County and the 2014 Taken Wine Company Complicated Pinot Noir. The 2104 “The Pinot Project” California Pinot Noir is a fun wine. Time to sip and share right now!
Send us a comment on your favorite. We’d love to hear your feedback!