I love finding easy recipes to fix for weeknight dinners. Especially now as my daughter is heading into Alice in Wonderland Jr. rehearsal mode and easy fix’ins are the way to go. I found this tasty sheet pan dinner in Sunset Magazine and as they said…it is a “fuss-free” dinner. I combined it with roasted fingerling potatoes for a little extra carbs for my hubby and dancing and singing daughter. As for wine, I paired it with a Grgich Hills Estate Fume Blanc Dry Sauvignon Blanc from Napa Valley. #foodfriday
Chicken Sausage & Vegetables Sheet Pan Dinner
- 1/4 cup avocado oil or extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 small red onion, cut into 1/2-in. rounds
- 8 cooked chicken sausages or raw boned, skinned chicken thighs (1 1/2 to 2 lbs. total)
- 10 ounces brussels sprouts, halved (quartered if large)
- 2 medium Fuji apples, cored and cut into wedges
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons each cask-aged, syrupy balsamic vinegar* and chopped flat-leaf parsley
Preheat oven to 425°. Spread a large rimmed baking sheet with 2 tbsp. oil. Separate onion into rings of 2 to 3 layers. Set onion, sausages, brussels sprouts, and apples in pan. Liberally salt and pepper everything. Drizzle with remaining 2 tbsp. oil, toss to coat, and arrange evenly.
Bake until vegetables are tender and meat is cooked through, 25 to 30 minutes. Drizzle vinegar on top and sprinkle with parsley.
*Find at gourmet grocery stores