Cousins Weekend Santa Rosa. A fun-filled food, beer, and wine extravaganza. We bid farewell to my cousin, his wife and 2 daughters as they embark on a new adventure together. They are moving to Chamonix France to live for a year in my cousin’s wife’s hometown. Our weekend was packed with fun exploring new places and enjoying tasty local food and cheering on France in the World Cup!
Our first stop was to Handline in Sebastopol for lunch on the gorgeous and inviting back patio. The food is fundamentally Californian. Fresh, local, and diverse. From oysters to the vegan burger, there is something here for everyone!
Next we were off to The Barlow and Crooked Goat Brewing.
The Barlow is a 12-acre outdoor market district in Sebastopol, California featuring local food, wine, beer, spirits and crafts made onsite by Sonoma County artisans.
For a up close and personal experience, every Saturday at 11:30am, taste your way through western Sonoma County on an exclusive behind-the-scenes tour of the craft brewers, artisans, winemakers, and eateries of The Barlow such as Crooked Goat Brewing, Wind Gap Wines, Spirit Works Distillery, The Nectary, Zazu Kitchen & Farm, Wm Cofield Cheeseand Sub Zero Ice Cream.
The 3-hour tasting tour, led by Food Crush Tours, will share the rich history and agricultural roots of The Barlow. Here you will explore the inner workings and meet the makers and share in the bounty of the local artisans and enjoy the brews, spirits, wines, and food that make up this 12.5-acre community gathering spot.
Here is a list of my favorites at the Barlow:
- Adelle Stoll: Handcrafted modern minimalist original handbags and jewelry
- Elsie Green: A small sustainable, family run company based in northern California. They travel the world to bring beautiful, vintage things for your home.
- California Sister Floral: Specializing in weddings and events, this shop does offer floral & plant based gifts, supplies, handmade items from local artists, and locally grown flowers.
- Community Market: Sonoma County’s only worker-run, not for profit, natural and organic foods grocery store.
- Village Bakery: Having been a local staple in Sebastopol for over forty years, it is no surprise that Village Bakery continues to hold the title of Best Bakery in Sonoma County. Taking great pride in the quality of their product, they bring fresh, locally sourced, preservative-free ingredients to the table.
- The Nectary: The Nectary is the first juice bar of its kind, serving a unique and delicious assortment of fresh, 100% organic cold-pressed juices, superfood and green smoothies, probiotic beverages and other artisanal/decadent living/raw food snacks and sweet treats.